- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Like no other writer can do, best-selling author Chris Tiegreen opens your eyes and heart to a better, more weightless way to live. Unburdened wont teach you how to avoid responsibility or hide from serious issues. Neither is it about how to escape and go live on a beachthough having a couple of palm trees around never hurts. Its about taking the burdens you currently carry and making them much, much lighter. Its about transferring the weight of your responsibilities from the weak shoulders of your flesh to the strong fingertips of God. Its about learning to live in deep-down, heart-level freedom. And no one who reads Unburdened will walk away unchanged.
Unburdened has a very intentional structure. The first few chapters deal with behaviors and attitudes that need to be relinquished. Slowly, the author moves the reader toward surrendering the stresses, bondage, and burdens that the world offers and taking on commitment of a consuming trust in Christ. After that, Tiegreen challenges the reader to take on practices that will assist them in living the unburdened life. In the process, the rhythm of the book helps the reader move from a self-centered way of living to a Christ-centered way of living.
Tiegreen convincingly yet subtly makes the point that living a "burdened" life is living a life worshiping false idols. We must yield power and control of our lives to God if we are to truly experience his peace and his blessing. At one point Tiegreen even says, "Worry doesnt reflect who God actually is; it is a form of anti-worship, a form of lying about Him" (p. 32).
The nice thing about Unburdened is that it is down-to-earth, real, and authentic. Tiegreen does not write this book from an ivory tower. Instead, the book is written with humility and grace, and a hopeful call is extended to the reader to move toward a better life. That better life is the life that Jesus truly intended to give us through his life, death, and resurrection.
I was moved to look at Scripture and my faith in a new light after reading this book. I hope many more people will find this book, and allow God to touch their hearts the way mine was. Clint Walker, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues