Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C Cook
Publication Date: 2010
In the dark corners of the inner city, the most destitute people in society are searching for anything to numb their hurting souls. And there are some who display the most extreme mix of need and anticipation: the twenty-piece shuffle, a jittery walk marked by wide-eyed desperation, named after the street tag for a piece of crack cocaine.
But the addiction to whatever will numb a troubled spirit is not confined to the streets. Suffering is not bound by social class, and pain is not held at bay by white-picket fences. In a wealthy society that equates money with happiness, we often remain unaware of our own addictions -- the things we chase to sooth our spirits. And while our need may not be as visible, it is no less real.
Greg Paul believes that the rich, the impoverished, and everyone in between can learn much from each other if they're willing to walk together. Join Greg as he takes a look at a remarkable paradox, where the poor can miss their blessedness while the wealthy overlook their own desperate needs, and reveals why God has always called the wealthy and powerful to care for people who are poor or excluded.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living