- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
In this twelve-session small group Bible study, Twelve Women of the Bible, Lysa TerKuerst, Elisa Morgan, Jeanne Stevens and other leaders look at the spiritual lessons learned from twelve biblical women and what they mean for your life today.
Youll discover lessons from each of these women that will help you persevere through the circumstances you are facing today. Learn how to:
- Apply biblical lessons to their own modern-day struggles
- Live through their failures as well as successes
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials
- Find lasting contentment
- Overcome rejection and insecurity
This Participant Guide features discussion questions, background information on each character, space to write down thoughts, a helpful Leaders Guide, and much more.
- Eve: Finding Lasting Contentment in the Truth (Lysa TerKeurst)
- Rebekah: Breaking Free of Feminine Stereotypes (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Leah: Overcoming Rejection and Insecurity (Naomi Zacharias)
- Hannah: Surrendering in Waiting (Amena Brown)
- Abigail: Dealing with Confrontation in Relationships
- Gomer: Learning to Accept Unconditional Love (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary, Mother of Jesus: Moving from Comfort to Courage (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary Magdalene: Transforming from Outcast to Follower (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Mary of Bethany: Putting Our Faith into Action (Elisa Morgan)
- Martha: Finding Our Identity in Jesus (Amena Brown)
- The Woman at the Well: Turning Our Messes into Messages (Lysa TerKuerst)
- The Syrophoenician Woman: Approaching God with Persistency and Boldness (Naomi Zacharias)
Designed for use with the Twelve Women of the Bible DVD 9780310691624 (sold separately).
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times bestselling author of Uninvited and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com.
Elisa Morgan is President Emerita of MOPS International, Inc., based in Denver, Colorado. She is the author, editor, or coauthor of numerous books, including Twinkle, Naked Fruit; Mom, You Make a Difference! Moms Devotional Bible; What Every Mom Needs; What Every Child Needs; and Real Moms. Elisa has two children, and a grandchild, and lives with her husband, Evan, in Centennial , Colorado.
Amena Brown is an author, spoken word poet, speaker, and event host. The author of five spoken word albums and two non-fiction books, Amena performs and speaks at events from coffeehouses to arenas with a mix of poetry, humor, and storytelling. She and her husband, DJ Opdiggy, reside in Atlanta, GA.
Jonalyn Grace Fincher offers a distinctive voice as a female apologist. Holding a master's degree in philosophy of religion and ethics from Talbot School of Theology, as well as double bachelor's degrees in English and history from the University of Virginia, she is one half of Soulation (www.soulation.org), a husband/wife apologetics team. For the last three years Jonalyn has been lecturing, speaking and writing on how women are distinctly and fully made in God’s image. Her work has appeared in Radiant, Fullfill and UnChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity. She regularly updates her blog (www.jonalynfincher.com) sharing her insights about womanhood and the soul. Jonalyn and Dale love to take walks with their three Welsh Corgis in their new hometown of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Jeanne Stevens serves as one of the lead pastors at Soul City Church in Chicago, IL (www.soulcitychurch.com) Before starting Soul City Church Jeanne has been blessed to work with 2 amazing churches. Jeanne was on staff at Willow Creek Community Church from 1995 to 2005 where she served as a Student Ministry Pastor. She was also in leadership at North Point Community Church in Atlanta, GA from 2006 ­ 2009. Jeanne has been privileged to be able to write, consult, and train ministry leaders throughout the country. Jeanne is an engaging communicator and leader that is committed to helping people live and lead from their soul. Jeanne is the author of Soul School and the soon to be released book, What lies beneath. Jeanne's greatest joy is her marriage and mothering - she has been married to Jarrett for 14 years, they have a 4-year-old son named Elijah William and a 2 year-old daughter named Genevieve Grace "Gigi². Naomi Zacharias graduated from Wheaton College. After working in sales for Coca-Cola, she joined RZIM and launched Wellspring International, an initiative devoted to providing financial grants to international efforts working with at-risk women and children. Naomi has spent time in red-light districts in The Netherlands, India, and Thailand; foster homes for children affected by HIV/AIDS throughout Asia; hospitals providing surgical treatment for women who have been victims of violence in the Congo; women’s prisons in South Africa; displacement camps in Indonesia, Uganda and Pakistan; areas of the Middle East offering aid to Iraqi refugees; and areas of Southeast Asia devastated by the tsunami of 2004. Naomi recently met and married her husband, Drew, in Florence, Italy. They currently live in Oxford, England.
Cindy lou5 Stars Out Of 5twelve women of the bibleFebruary 22, 2017Cindy louQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0this is awesome study. the ladiea group are enjoying this study as it pretains to lives today
Tracey5 Stars Out Of 5Women's bible study resourceJuly 20, 2016TraceyQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5A great study for discussion - with good video intros for each lesson....
Lois5 Stars Out Of 512 women of the BIBLEFebruary 9, 2016LoisQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5AFTER STUDYING SOME LONGER, MORE ARDUOUS BOOKS, THIS ONE IS GREAT. THE HOMEWORK IS MINIMAL, BUT, THE CONTENT IS FULL AND EDUCATING. THE VIDEO SEGMENTS ARE WONDERFUL, EACH WOMAN PRESENTS WELL, AND IS A PLEASURE TO GET TO KNOW, AND THE LIFE STORIES, BY THOSE WOMEN ARE HEART TOUCHING WITH THEIR HONESTY AND VULNERABILITY.
Nancy BlandPennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Enduring choiceJuly 17, 2015Nancy BlandPennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Used this book for the last three summers as a short 4 week ladies Bible study. Each week a different woman of the Bible and it has been perfect since each lesson stands alone. Our summer attendance can vary so no one misses out if they have to skip a week. The videos and questions generated lively discussion.
Ladies of Faith Leader5 Stars Out Of 5Twelve Women of BibleFebruary 26, 2015Ladies of Faith LeaderMy life group enjoyed this study. Each woman of the Bible seemed to relate (In God's way) to at least one specific person in our group. Discussions were open and interactive. It allowed us to pour over His word and learn more about who we are as women of God. It was surprising to all of us how relevant these twelve women are to today's women.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> People
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> People
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources