- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Peter
- 1 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2016
In this twelve-session video Bible study, some of todays best-loved authors and speakers look at the spiritual lessons learned from twelve women in the Bible and what they mean for you today. As you look at each of these womens lives, you will discover how to:
- Apply biblical lessons to your own modern-day struggles
- Live through your failures as well as your successes
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials
- Find lasting contentment in every situation
- Overcome rejection and insecurity . . . and much more
This fresh look at these women in the Bible will help you discover new insights into Gods character, persevere through difficult times, and find joy in the hope that Jesus has provided to you. This study guide includes background information on each woman, group discussion questions, Bible exploration, and personal study and reflection materials for in-between sessions.
Youll study the lives of . . .
- Proverbs 31 Woman: How Not to Do It All (Karen Ehman)
- Deborah: Fight Like a Girl (Bianca Juarez Olthoff)
- Shulamite Woman: We Had God at Hello (Lisa Harper)
- Ruth: Staying Focused in a World of Distractions (Chrystal Evans Hurst)
- Puah and Shiphrah: How to Fight Your Fears (Margaret Feinberg)
- Esther: Letting God Be in Control (Courtney Joseph)
- Priscilla: Living a Life of Blessed Ordinary (Karen Ehman)
- Mary and Martha: Finding Life in Death (Bianca Juarez Olthoff)
- Bent Woman: We've Got God's Complete Attention (Lisa Harper)
- Woman with the Issue of Blood: When Persistence Pays Off (Chrystal Evans Hurst)
- Elizabeth: How to Win the Waiting Game (Margaret Feinberg)
- Anna: How to Live a Life Devoted to God (Courtney Joseph)
Designed for use with Twelve More Women of the Bible Video Study 9780310081487 (sold separately).
Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times bestselling author, and a writer for First 5, a Bible study app that reaches over 2 million people daily. She has written thirteen books including Let. It. Go., Keep It Shut, and Pressing Pause. Her passion is to help women to live their priorities as they reflect the gospel to a watching world. Married to her college sweetheart, Todd, and the mother of three, she enjoys antique hunting, cheering for the Detroit Tigers, and feeding the many people who gather around her kitchen island for a taste of Mama Karen's cooking. Connect with her at www.karenehman.com
Bianca Juarez Olthoff is the Chief Storyteller for The A-21 Campaign and the Creative Director for Propel Women. Her debut book, Play with Fire: Discovering Fierce Faith, Unquenchable Passion, and a Life-Giving God arrives on August 30, 2016. Bianca is a step-mom to Parker and Ryen and has spent the last ten years mobilizing God's people to action alongside her husband Matt, the Executive Director and Pastor for Project Europe.
Bianca has been in church ministry for 15 years inspiring women to live with unquenchable passion. With Bianca's trademark humor and honesty, Play with Fire reminds women that God has huge dreams for each of his children. "He's whispering in the wind and speaking through the fire and shouting in silence the extraordinary dream."
Chrystal Evans Hurst co-authored the best-selling book, Kingdom Woman, with her father Dr. Tony Evans. She reaches a wide audience speaking at conferences, sharing on her blog, Chrystal's Chronicles, writing for Proverbs 31 Ministries, and by teaching and leading women in her home church. As the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the Hurst household, she is a dedicated wife to Jessie and mother of five. Chrystal lives just outside of Dallas, Texas.
Margaret Feinberg, one of Americans most beloved Bible teachers, speaks at churches and leading conferences including Catalyst, Thrive, and Women of Joy. Her books, including Wonderstruck, Fight Back With Joy, and Scouting the Divine and their corresponding Bible studies, have sold more than one million copies and received critical acclaim and national media coverage from CNN, Associated Press, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and more. She was recently named one of fifty women most shaping culture and the church today by Christianity Today. Margaret savors life with Leif, a pastor in Park City, Utah, and their superpup, Hershey.
Sherry Harney (sherryharney.com) has served as a childrens ministry director and a womens ministry director, and is the author of more than sixty small-group Bible studies. One of her greatest passions is investing in the next generation of women in the church.