This is a comprehensive Korean to English dictionary for language learners.
Finally, here is the dictionary that learners have been waiting for: one that specifically answers the needs of English speakers who are studying Korean. Designed for learners who are an elementary to intermediate level, it contains over 5,600 Korean headwords, including essential contemporary words, commonly used example phrases, and business and technical terms. Along with refreshingly clear English definitions, the entries are packed with helpful extra details that make learning easier. Included are:
- 5,633 example sentences given in Hangul, romanizations, and English.
- English–Korean Word Finder allows two–directional use.
- Explanations of common idiomatic expressions.
- Special notes to clarify differences and distinctions that can be challenging for English speakers.
- Romanization is included for all terms and examples, to assist learners.
- Extensive notes on grammar and meaning enhance understanding.
- Especially high–frequency words are marked.
- Endings and particles—very important components of the Korean language, but often overlooked in reference materials—are clearly indicated and explained.
This dictionary presents, with care and expertise, all the words that are essential for learners to know.