This is a comprehensive Korean to English dictionary for language learners.
Finally, here is the dictionary that learners have been waiting for: one that specifically answers the needs of English speakers who are studying Korean. Designed for learners who are a elementary to intermediate level, it contains over 5,600 Korean headwords, including the most essential contemporary words, commonly used example phrases, and business and technical terms. Along with refreshingly clear English definitions, the entries are packed with helpful extra details that make learning easier. Included are:
- 5,633 example sentences given in Hangul, romanizations, and English.
- English–Korean Word Finder allows two–directional use.
- Explanations of common idiomatic expressions.
- Special notes to clarify differences and distinctions that can be challenging for English speakers.
- Romanization is included for all terms and examples, to assist learners.
- Extensive notes on grammar and meaning enhance understanding.
- Especially high–frequency words are marked.
- Endings and particles—very important components of the Korean language, but often overlooked in reference materials—are clearly indicated and explained.
This dictionary presents, with care and expertise, all the words that are most essential for learners to know.
Kyubyong Park worked at an educational publishing company focusing on practice books for Koreans learning English, giving him an expertise in the different learning techniques for these two languages. Park is the author of 500 Basic Korean Verbs and the co-author of Korean for Beginners. He lives in Seoul.
"A great feature of this dictionary is the appendix of commonly used hanja (Chinese characters) in Korean. If you know some Chinese or Japanese, this is an excellent way to identify loan words in Korean you can more easily remember by associating them with the original character." —Goodreads