- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2014
Why does any woman stay in an abusive marriage? It was the authors belief as a Christian that marriage was a lifetime commitmentno matter what. She endured fourteen years of marriage to a man who abused her, cut her off from family and friends, and demanded strict obedience to his every command. During those years, she lived in a state of confusion, torn between doing what her conscience dictated and trying to be an obedient, godly wife.
Her husband used parts of scripture to beat her into submission while failing to acknowledge the truth of Gods Word. Through the fog of abuse, Gods Word pierced the confusion, and opened her eyes to the truth.
Jesus said, You will know them by their fruits.Matthew 7:16 (NASB)
In Ephesians 5:22 (NIV), we read, Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
But we must read it in context with Ephesians 5:21, Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
And Ephesians 5:25, Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church.
Above all else, We must obey God rather than men.Acts 5:29 (NASB)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Abuse
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery