- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Truth About Islam
Christians are often surprised when they hear Muslims say, "We believe in Jesus too, and we hold Him in great esteem." But what do they really mean? Are the Muslim Jesus and the Christian Jesus the same person?
Immersed in the Islamic worldview as the son of a devout muezzin-mosque leader-Emir Caner helps readers untangle two very different belief systems. He and John Ankerberg take on the tough questions:
- What role does Jesus have in Islam?
- What does the Qu'ran say about Him? What does it not say?
- Why are Muslims repulsed by the idea that Jesus is the Son of God, fully God and fully man?
- What do Muslims have in mind when they acknowledge Jesus as virgin-born?
- How can Christians discuss these belief differences without insulting Muslim friends and acquaintances?
A concise, authoritative guide for informed Muslim-Christian interaction.
Set up in a question and answer format, this short book covers questions under the themes of the Jesus according to Islam, whether Jesus was a Muslim, The Nature of Christ, the Gospel according to Islam, judgment, friendship, and salvation through Christ. They then include a resource list and notes.
Each chapter answers several related questions. The answers contrast biblical teaching and Islamic teaching. They often point out the weakness of the Islamic teaching and how to address it. For instance in Chapter 2, The Life of Christ: Was Jesus a Muslim, they address the question of whether Jesus actually went to the cross or not. The authors point out the weakness of Sura 4:157 which claims that only a likeness was shown to them (p. 23). They then ask, if the Quran is right, why did Mary not recognize that her son was not on the cross from John 19:25-27? The format and writing are straightforward, practical, and easy for most people to read and use. The book can be used by Christians as a guide in understanding Muslims or can be given to Muslims to arouse questions of who Jesus is and what Christianity believes. The authors are careful to answer questions without being hostile or defamatory.
Ankerberg hosts the John Ankerberg Show, is an author, and holds three doctorates. Caner, disowned by his Muslim father for becoming a Christian, holds a doctorate in theology. He is the president of Truett-McConnell College and coauthored Unveiling Islam with his brother. Ankerberg and Caner have two other books in The Truth about Islam Series: The Truth about Islam and Jihad and The Truth about Islam and Women. Debbie W. Wilson, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
LoriCanadaAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great book.November 21, 2013LoriCanadaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I found the comparisons very interesting and helpful. It helped clarify how I might respond in future when speaking with a Muslim about faith and beliefs. Thank you.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Islam
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> World Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> World Religions