Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Are you exhausted trying to keep everything under control because you fear God won’t come through?
In Trustworthy: A Study of 1 & 2 Kings, Lysa TerKeurst takes you to Israel to explore the lives of several Old Testament kings and learn from their mistakes, misplaced affections, and successes. In six 15-25 minute DVD sessions, Lysa shares her own journey with trusting God and together you’ll dig into Scripture and discover that God alone is worthy of our trust and we can rest in Him.
The DVD Study contains subtitles for the hearing impaired. Extra Leader Resource sheet and download access code for bible study videos included inside.
Session 1: Introduction (25:41)
Session 2: Solomon (23:23)
Session 3: Jeroboam (19:21)
Session 4: Ahab (18:56)
Session 5: Hezekiah (16:26)
Session 6: Josiah (14:58)
|Title: Trustworthy DVD Leader Kit|
By: Lysa TerKeurst
Number of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2019
|Dimensions: 9.7 X 7.6 X 1.4 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 10 ounces
Stock No: WW906722
Lysa TerKeurstLifeway / 2019 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$16.994 out of 5 stars for Trustworthy: Overcoming Our Greatest Struggles to Trust God, Bible Study Book. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews Video
Lysa TerKeurstLifeway / 2017 / DVDOur Price$99.995 out of 5 stars for Finding I AM DVD Study Kit. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews Video
Lysa TerKeurstLifeway / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$16.995 out of 5 stars for Finding I AM Member Book. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews Video
Lysa TerKeurstThomas Nelson / 2018 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$23.494.5 out of 5 stars for It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Study Pack (DVD and Study Guide). View reviews of this product. 4 Reviews Video
Retail Price$43.99Save 47% ($20.50)
In this 6-session study of 1 & 2 Kings, join Lysa TerKeurst in Israel as she honestly reveals the places of distrust in her own heart while exploring the deeply applicable Scriptures that will teach us how to truly trust God.
Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book. Includes personal study segments with homework to complete between 6 weeks of group sessions. Also includes leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups.
- DVDs with teaching videos, approximately 1525 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos
- Identify and challenge doubts in the one true God.
- Explore how the Old Testament applies to our lives today.
- Learn to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God.
- Session 1: Introduction (25:41)We can so easily begin to trust in things and people other than God. The people of Israel experienced this time and again. Lysa walks us through the history of God's people leading up to the moment they asked to be like everyone else and have a king. As well see in this study of the ancient kings of the Bible, earthly kings pale in comparison to the King of kings, the only One worthy of our trust.
- Session 2: Solomon (23:23)Lysa tells the story of Solomon, who started out his reign in his father, David's, footsteps, but very quickly fell out of faithfulness to the one true God. Through relationships with many foreign women, Solomon's affections became misplaced and he built altars to foreign gods and placed his trust in what he could control. Misplaced affections got between Solomon and God and continue to be a temptation for us today.
- Session 3: Jeroboam (19:21)King Jeroboam misaligned his priorities, idolizing a golden calf rather than completely trusting in God and waiting on Him. In this weeks discussion, Lysa teaches us that a departure happens when we think too lowly of God and too highly of ourselves. But when we think highly of God, we think rightly of ourselves.
- Session 4: Ahab (18:56)Lysa talks about the consequences of sin this session as we dive in to the story of King Ahab and his wife Jezebel. Just as Ahabs blood spilled as a consequence of sin, Jesus also had to bleed in consequence of our sin. But unlike the end of Ahabs story, our story is victorious through Christ.
- Session 5: Hezekiah (16:26)Lysa discusses one of Hezekiahs biggest accomplishments. Did he understand his accomplishment as evidence of Gods faithfulness, or did he just accept it as evidence of his own brilliance? Hezekiah failed to check his heart and accepted all the praise for himself, rather than giving the glory to God and His trustworthiness. See how his story can help us reevaluate things in our own lives, so we can kneel in greater submission to the King of kings.
- Session 6: Josiah (14:58)Lysa looks at the tumultuous history of the temple in Jerusalem. The temple has been built and destroyed, rebuilt and renewed only to be destroyed again. While earthly kings and kingdoms and temples all pass away, we serve the trustworthy God who is making all things new.
Lysa TerKeurst is passionate about Gods Word. She spends hours each week studying with theological experts and has studied extensively in the Holy Land. She loves to make connections between the Old and New Testaments. Her deepest desire is to help others experience Jesus by unpacking Scripture in the most true and responsible ways that everyone can understand. Lysa is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the #1 New York Times best-selling author of Its Not Supposed to Be This Way, Uninvited, Finding I AM and other books. But to those who know her best shes just a simple girl who holds fast to Gods Truth and speaks about hope in the midst of her own struggles. Lysa lives with her family in Charlotte, North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com or on social media @LysaTerKeurst.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.