Treatise Written to a Devout Man - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
There be in the Holy Church two kinds of life, by which Christian souls do serve and please God, and procure their own salvation. The one is corporal, the other spiritual. So begins Walter Hilton's Treatise Written to a Devout Man. Hilton was an English mystic born in the middle of the fourteenth century whose works were highly influential in fifteenth century England. Nevertheless, they still counsel Christians today on how to live Godly lives. Hilton goes on to give thoughts on the humanity of Christ, the virtue of the saints, and ends with three things helpful to every Christian reader: what to do when prayer meditation bring us no comfort, various warnings not to become too engrossed in our meditations, and advice to take faith little by little because no one becomes righteous in a day. Anyone who desires to strike a balance between worldly and spiritual life will find Hilton's direct and instructive prose a useful resource. -Abby Zwart, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality