This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
This is an extensive overview of Shakespeare's life, world and theater by the general editor of the Signet Classic Shakespeare series, Sylvan Barnet. A special introduction to the play is given by the editor, Mark Eccles. All texts, notes, and commentaries are printed in the clearest most readable type. This is the perfect book for the beginning Shakespeare reader or any Shakespeare enthusiast.
William Shakespeare's timeless tragedy follows the bloody path of the "rudely stamped" Richard, Duke of Gloucester, who uses his murderous guile to achieve the throne of England.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor
• Selections from the source from which Shakespeare derived Richard III
• Dramatic criticism
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...
William Shakespeare (15641616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.