- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Focus
Publication Date: 2011
Patterson's short, engaging devotions are packed with interesting facts backed by Scripture, along with a short prayer at the end. She walks readers through the lives of Moses' mother, sister, adoptive mother, and others. Readers learn about and are motivated by the inspiring lives of the women around this famous leader of the Israelites.
Through Patterson's devotional, readers can learn how to be great mothers, amazing leaders, and wonderful women of God. Whereas her writing is interesting, it is often hard to focus when she repeats herself. On the journey from Egypt to the Promised Land, readers discover exciting new nuggets of information which are only briefly covered in Scripture. For instance, Moses first wife was named Zipporah. Geneses 17:14 says, "Any uncircumcised male who has not been circumcised in the flesh will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." Although Moses knew Gods command, he disobeyed and it was only by Zipporah's brave intervention that he was not separated from God.
Although the book's material was fascinating, Patterson's presentation was not particularly reader-friendly. The lengthy sentences made it difficult not only to read but also to understand. As a reader, I often found myself having to reread a sentence. Then I had to fight my way through all the exclamation points in order to understand the meaning of the devotional. While it is good to have the occasional exciting punctuation in writing, over-usage of exciting punctuation often leaves the reader feeling lost or as if Patterson was yelling at her.
Overall, Touched by Greatness is an interesting devotional that will uplift and encourage mothers of all ages. I would recommend this book to women who are looking for inspiration in their own life or are searching for a better understanding of the women in Exodus. Anna Williams, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Pentateuch
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> Women
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues