- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Big Summer Blowout
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Authentic Media
Publication Date: 2010
The book features interviews with members of various communities, including among others: The Northumbria Community; Safespace; TOM; EarthAbbey; The Community of Aidan and Hilda; SPEAK; The Catholic Worker Movement; Betel of Britain; L'Arche; The Ashram Community; and hOme.
Author, activist and new monastic, Shane Claiborne had this to say about Totally Devoted
: Every few hundred years, it seems that the Church gets infected by the world around us and we forget who we are called to be. And every few hundred years, there are folks on the fringes of the faith who hear a whisper to leave the materialism and militarism and all the clutter of the culture... and to go to the margins, and the desert and the abandoned places to rethink what it means to be Christian. Here is another piece of evidence that there is a movement once again hearing the ancient whisper of God to repair the Church which is in ruins.
I live in Grimsby, where I work as a freelance writer, and consultant to people who want to do business in a more ethical way. I have a particular interest in organic cotton, and environmental and social aspects of international development, which I consider to be intrinsically linked to spirituality.
I am interested in the movement which is currently known as New Monasticism and last year I wrote a book about New Monastics in the UK, among whom I dare to count myself. The book should be out in May 2010.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Monasticism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Monasticism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality