- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2008
Fox News host and busy mother of eight E. D. Hill offers the antidote to permissive parenting by giving parents permission to be in charge.
Instructional and conversational, I'm Not Your Friend, I'm Your Parent challenges parents to reclaim their roles, make the hard decisions, and put their children's characters and well-being ahead of peer pressue and social status. With entertaining stories from her own family and those of others she has encountered in her profession as a journalist, E. D. tackles parental challenges:
- Manners: thank you and other common courtesies
- Discipline: tantrums and time-outs
- Money: chores and allowances
- Sportsmanship: fair vs. foul
- Clothing: fashion and dress codes
- Teenagers: structure and consequences
- Includes a special chapter on Driving, Dating, and other Death-Defying Feats along with contracts for use with teens