- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2014
Three Ring Circus offers an honest and entertaining, behind-the-scenes experience of large family missionary life from the perspective of a true insider—one of the kids. Witness the most exciting aspects of eighteen years of mission work in the Philippines—a vibrant backdrop that includes natural disasters, terrorist organizations, and culture shock. Meet a growing family, learn why the parents decided to become missionaries, and discover what led them to abandon birth control.
The journey is filled with strange and amusing occurrences, like a family debacle with hepatitis spread via toothpaste, and deals with complex emotions, including personal wrestling with the church. More than anything, the story is transparent, with open dialogue about the joyous and tragic alike.
“Luke Gray’s Three Ring Circus lives up to its title. For anyone considering a move overseas, this book is hilarious, but it’s also a realistic look at the opportunities and problems faced by Americans who move offshore. Luke’s comments on a healthy marital physical relationship are alone worth the price of the book. Enjoy.” John Price, author of The End of America
"A delightful mosaic of story and insight—entertaining enough that you are unable to put it down and reflective enough that you are unable to read without pondering your own journey." Daniel McCoy, author of The Atheist’s Fatal Flaw
“Three Ring Circus is a cross between Eight is Enough and The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, full of family fun, cross-cultural contrasts, and solid purpose.” Terese Thonus Ph.D, Director for the University of Kansas Writing Center
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction