This is My Beloved Son: The Transfiguration of Christ - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2012
This misunderstood momentis essential to what it means to be Christian The Transfiguration of Christ is one of the most impressive and mysterious miracles of Christ, and yet one of the least known and understood biblical events. Yet, it spawned a long tradition of spiritual ascent and contemplative prayer. This book examines the Transfiguration in the context of the Gospel, Christian spirituality, and the traditions of the church. Andreopoulos explains the Transfigurationthe revelation of the full divinity of Christ in front of his disciplesas a continuous event. He also explains threads that are common in the event of the Transfiguration and in other parts of the gospels, such as "the voice of the Father" heard first at John's baptism of Jesus. This Is My Beloved is a book that bridges East and West in its pursuit of understanding the power and meaning of what transfiguration meant then, and now.
Andreas Andreopoulos was born in Greece in 1966. He earned his Ph.D. in theology at the University of Durham under Fr. Andrew Louth and has taught in Toronto, Montreal, and Philadelphia. He is the author of scholarly articles and books, and is currently Lecturer of Christian Theology at the University of Wales.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Gospel Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology