- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
While we must value the experiential an emotional elements of our faith, the intellectual aspects are far too often neglected and as Piper says in this book, we also need to practice careful thinking about God. Piper contends that "thinking is indispensable on the path to passion for God." So how are we to maintain a healthy balance of mind and heart, thinking and feeling?
Piper urges us to think for the glory of God. He demonstrates from Scripture that glorifying God with our minds and hearts is not either-or, but both-and. Thinking carefully about God fuels passion and affections for God. Likewise, Christ-exalting emotion leads to disciplined thinking.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Habits of the Mind: Intellectual Life as a Christian CallingJames W. SireInterVarsity Press / 2000 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$20.00Save 35% ($7.01)
Discipleship of the Mind: Learning to Love God in the Ways We ThinkJames W. SireInterVarsity Press / 1990 / Trade Paperback$9.49 Retail:
$18.00Save 47% ($8.51)
Desiring the Kingdom: Worship, Worldview, and Cultural Formation, Cultural Liturgies Volume 1James K.A. SmithBaker Academic / 2009 / Trade Paperback$16.99 Retail:
$22.99Save 26% ($6.00)
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is the founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and the chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. He served for thirty-three years as the senior pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the author of more than fifty books, including Desiring God; Dont Waste Your Life; This Momentary Marriage; A Peculiar Glory; and Reading the Bible Supernaturally.
Mark A. Noll is Francis A. McAnaney Professor of History at the University of Notre Dame. He is the author of several books, including The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral