- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Mary DeMuth is the author of several southern novels, including A Slow Burn, Life in Defiance, and the Christy award finalists, Watching the Tree Limbs and Daisy Chain. Shes also written four parenting books and a memoir, Thin Places. Shes passionate about the written word, teaching, and mentoring writers. Mary lives in Texas with her husband, Patrick, and their three children.
When I was 5 years old, neighborhood boys came to my babysitter's house, and every day they would take me to the backwoods or to their bedroom or various different places around the neighborhood, and they would rape me. That sexual abuse changed my life in a very negative way. Constantly fearing me, constantly fearing that the next person trying to get me was going to get me. And that kind of trauma was difficult to overcome. I didn't talk about it until I was 15 years old, and then at that point then I was able to share it and start down the road of healing.
I think people do not heal because they keep family secrets. They don't say things out loud, and it harbors inside for years and years and festers and becomes a bitter wound. And then they can't figure out why they're getting a divorce and they can't figure out why they're yelling at their kids or they can't figure out why they're running to this and that and everything else for help. It's because they've been pushing down all those secrets for all those years and not let them out. I am here to tell you that if you share your secret and you let it out, you will find healing. And that's why I'm risking sharing the stories of this book, so that other people might have the courage to share their own stories. My passion is to just turn on the light to those family secrets, to turn on the light to the pain that happens in people's lives and just say this is the reality, this is the truth. Now I'm going to walk forward from this and heal.
My name is Mary DeMuth, and I'm the author of Thin Places, A Memoir.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction