- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
- Edited by leading theologian, Alister E. McGrath, this volume brings together a range of readings which act as an introduction to the Christian faith
- Includes 56 readings chosen for their balanced portrayal of chronology, denomination, gender, and theological orientation
- Provides an introduction and analysis of each reading, along with a helpful glossary
- Uses the Apostle’s Creed as an accessible framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation and salvation
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources.
“Ample readings from the patristic, medieval, and Reformation eras give the reader a sense of the depth and breadth of each theme across the ages. Although brief, the volume packs surprising diversity into its pages: Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant; feminist and liberationist; revisionist and conservative. It is hard to imagine a better basic introduction to Western Christian theology.” (Religious Studies Review, September 2008)
“The prolific Oxford professor has added to his bibliographic tapestry…a good resource and [it] can be used effectively in an introductory course on theology.”
(Southern Baptist Journal of Theology)