- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
- Edited by leading theologian, Alister E. McGrath, this volumebrings together a range of readings which act as an introduction tothe Christian faith
- Includes 56 readings chosen for their balanced portrayal ofchronology, denomination, gender, and theological orientation
- Provides an introduction and analysis of each reading, alongwith a helpful glossary
- Uses the Apostle’s Creed as an accessible framework tointroduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God,Jesus, creation and salvation
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engagewith primary sources.
“Ample readings from the patristic, medieval, andReformation eras give the reader a sense of the depth and breadthof each theme across the ages. Although brief, the volume packssurprising diversity into its pages: Orthodox, Catholic, andProtestant; feminist and liberationist; revisionist andconservative. It is hard to imagine a better basic introduction toWestern Christian theology.” (Religious StudiesReview, September 2008)
“The prolific Oxford professor has added to hisbibliographic tapestry…a good resource and [it] can be usedeffectively in an introductory course on theology.”
(Southern Baptist Journal of Theology)