Budget cuts are being made all across Strattenburg, and Theo finds himself stuck in the middle. When Theo discovers corruption beneath the surface of a hot political and environmental issue, he must face bigger risks than he ever has. But even with danger lurking, Theo always stands for what is right.
Book 4 in the thrilling young mystery series from intrenationally bestselling author John Grisham
Theodore Boone is back in action! As all of Strattenburg sits divided over a hot political and environmental issue, Theo finds himself right in the thick of it. The county commission is fighting hard to change the landscape of the town, and Theo is strongly opposed to the plans. But when he uncovers corruption beneath the surface, no onenot even Theois prepared for the risksand potential harmat stake. Torn between his conscience and the law, Theo will do whatever it takes to stand up for what is right.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
John Grisham is the author of a collection of stories, a work of nonfiction, three sports novels, four kids' books, and many legal thrillers. His work has been translated into forty-two languages. He lives near Charlottesville, Virginia.
Raves for the Theodore Boone series
- "Smartly written." --USA Today
- "Edge-of-your-seat drama, sophisticated plotting, and plenty of spunk." --Chicago Sun-Times
- "Classic Grisham." --The Los Angeles Times
- "Not since Nancy Drew has a nosy, crime-obsessed kid been so hard to resist." --The New York Times
- "Gripping . . . I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery. I think everyone will be enthralled by Theodore Boone." --Scholastic News