- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
The new 6th Revised Edition includes:
- Updated research on all the instructional components (including handwriting) and principles of learning and instruction that make The Spalding Method effective.
- Part 1 chapter titles and organization aligned to the sold-separately Grade-Level Teacher Guides.
- Chapter 2 instructional strategies in outline, rather than narrative, format.
- Precise dialogue for cursive writing.
- Sample dialogues for teaching 5 mental actions.
- Updated Children's Literature Recommendations
- OPR and WPR Cue Words
- A section on Morphology (word structure) in Part 2.
Number of Pages: 480
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 10.7 X 8.4 X 1 (inches)|
The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never HadSusan Wise BauerWW Norton / 2003 / Hardcover$20.99 Retail:
$29.95Save 30% ($8.96)
The Writing Road to Reading is a total language arts program that has been used by teachers and parents for over fifty years to teach millions of students to spell, write, and read. Now fully updated to reflect the latest research on how children learn language, this newest edition is easier to use than ever.
The Spalding Method helps train the right and left sides of the brain as children see, hear, read, and write. It is cost-effective and efficient; students use pencils, paper, and their minds. The results are stunning: Children learn to connect speech sounds to print and begin to write and read almost magically. Spalding students perform well in the classroom and on tests—and, most important, they love to read and write.
Romalda Bishop Spalding, a graduate of Columbia University, developed her method using principles learned from the eminent neurologist Dr. Samuel T. Orton and her experiences teaching children with language problems at Harvard Children's Hospital and public and private schools.
Mary E. North, Ph.D., is director of research and curriculum at Spalding Education International (SEI). She is vice president of the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council and serves on the executive committee of the Alliance for Accreditation and Certification of Structured Language Education, Inc. SEI is located in Phoenix, Arizona.