Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home is a classic work on homeschooling pedagogy and methodology that will teach you, chapter-by-chapter, how to give your child an academically rigorous, comprehensive education from preschool to high school. Whether you're a brand-new homeschool parent or simply looking to change up your routine, you'll benefit from learning more about what a classical education has to offer. The Prologue outlines what a classical education and provides a model drawn from the experiences of both authors. Divided between the stages of early education (K-4), middle school (5-8) and high school, chapters offer an overview of how to teach all the major subjects, including literature, writing, grammar, history, science, math, Latin, modern languages, art, music, debate, and more. Lists of recommended resources, recommended schedules, teaching tips, sample checklists, and sample dialogue is integrated throughout the book for an eminently practical guide.
This Fourth Edition features the following updates:
- Completely updated book and curricula re commendations.
- Extensive additional material on teaching children with learning disabilities.
- A new set of online resources, coordinated with the book
- New math and sciences\ chapters developed with experts and experienced teachers to provide a more rigorous and coherent math and science education.
- Quickly outdated appendices, such as a list of list of suppliers and publishers, the index of home education organizations, and the guide to science contests and fairs, have been shifted online.
- Each chapter has been separated into two sections covering how to teach a subject and the recommended resources to use to teach it.
816 pages, hardcover with dust jacket. 4th Edition.
Number of Pages: 816
Vendor: Well-Trained Mind Press
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.6 X 6.5 X 1.7 (inches)|