Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Modern Library
Publication Date: 2000
Adam Smiths masterpiece, first published in 1776, is the foundation of modern economic thought and remains the single most important account of the rise of, and the principles behind, modern capitalism. Written in clear and incisive prose, The Wealth of Nations articulates the concepts indispensable to an understanding of contemporary society; and Robert Reichs Introduction both clarifies Smiths analyses and illuminates his overall relevance to the world in which we live. As Reich writes, "Smiths mind ranged over issues as fresh and topical today as they were in the late eighteenth centuryjobs, wages, politics, government, trade, education, business, and ethics."
Introduction by Robert Reich • Commentary by R. H. Campbell and A. S. Skinner • Includes a Modern Library Reading Group Guide
Cristina Quantz5 Stars Out Of 5HIghly recommended book for understanding important principles of economics, and much more.March 17, 2018Cristina QuantzQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I just want to thank the previous reviewer for his recommendation. I am ordering this book and am now looking for a copy of "The Black book of Communism." I will update my review once I read the book.
drew hill5 Stars Out Of 5the wealth of nationsMarch 17, 2017drew hillQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5SUCH AN IMPORTANT PIECE OF HISTORY, I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY, AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING, ALONG WITH "THE BLACK BOOK OF COMMUNISM".. MY CHILDREN NOW 21,13,AND 8 HAVE AND WILL READ BOTH...
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy >> Modern Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Economics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Economics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Economics