Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Cornerstones of Freedom series will introduce elementary-age students to the institutions and events that have shaped the United States, from the country's beginning to the current day.
The Underground Railroad covers the network of safehouses, trails and homes used to help escaped slaves get from the south to the North, how it contributed to the end of slavery in the United States, and more, through easy-to-understand chapters filled with photographs and interesting sidebars.
These non-fiction books will help students learn to draw information from informational texts; each book features a table of contents, chapters, sidebars, an original map showing people and events, a "setting the scene" spread, "the story continues" closing, "influential individuals" list, timeline, and list of primary sources.
64 pages with index and glossary, softcover. 6.2" x 9". Grades 4-6 / Ages 9-11.
Vendor: Children's Press
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Cornerstones of Freedom
Eliza's Freedom Road: An Underground Railroad DiaryJerdine NolenSimon & Schuster / 2011 / Hardcover$15.29 Retail:
$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)
Liberty Letters: Escape on the Underground RailroadNancy LeSourdZonderKidz / 2008 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:
$7.99Save 25% ($2.00)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> 19th Century Events
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books