- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
You cannot kill a tree by cutting off its branches; you need to dig down and cut off its roots.
In this book, Professor Yusufu Turaki uses the Holy Scriptures as spade and axe as he digs down to examine the roots of sin. His knowledge of traditional African beliefs an dvalues adds depth to his discussion of the origin, nature, effects and power of sin in our lives. He shows the relevance of each member of the Holy Trinity to our struggle against the root sins of self-centredness and pride, greed and lust, and anxiety and fear.
Yusufu Turaki is professor of Theology and Social Ethics at JETS, Jos, Nigeria, and Director of its Centre for the Study of Religion, Church and Society. He holds a Ph.D. in Social Ethics from Boston University and was a post-doctoral research fellow at Yale Divinity School. He and his wife, Deborah, have four children. Professor Turaki has written extensively on the subjects of ethics, theology, missions, development, colonialism, Islam, African contemporary socio-political issues and African Traditional Religion and culture.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral