The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare's controversial comedy.
Featuring the tumultuous relationship of Petruchio and the headstrong Katherina, this popular comedy goes beyond courtship to explore what happens after a determined man marries a woman who refuses to be tamed.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Robert B. Heilman
• Sources from which Shakespeare derived The Taming of the Shrew
• Dramatic criticism from Richard Hosley, Maynard Mack, Germaine Greer, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...