- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2011
About the Book▼▲
The roller coaster of adolescence is so prevalent, so stereotypical in some ways, that it has developed into a sort of cultural shorthand. Just say the words "teen angst" to a group of parents of adolescents and heads will nod. It is a universal catch-phrase for anything from explosive anger to all-is-lost despair. Even kids who weather their teenage years with relative calm still undergo their seasons of adolescent squalls. With all of that swirling around in our heads, how can we know if our teen's season of discontent is just that or something more?
Depression has the ability to derail a teenager's progress toward healthy adulthood while confusing and frustrating parents. With years of experience, Dr. Jantz will answer the hard questions about the most critical season of your child's life:
- Is this "just a phase," or is it clinical depression?
- How do hormones affect my teen's behavior - and what can I do about it?
- How can I get help when I see the warning signs of suicidal thoughts?
- Why does my teenager seem to need me some days and hate me other days?
- How can I be a source of peace in my child's life, especially when I feel stormy too?
The Stranger in Your House will help parents to push beyond the closed door that is adolescence and open the door to hope.