The Search to Belong - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
In The Search to Belong, Joseph R. Myers helps church leaders sort out—What kinds of community dopeople want? What does it take for churches to cultivate environments where all levels of community spontaneously emerge and thrive? What kind of language should you use — and avoid — when discussing community within your church? How can you evaluate community health in your church or organization—and in yourself? The Search to Belong is a practical guide for all leaders who struggle with building community in a culture that values belonging over believing.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
A practical guide for those struggling to build a community of believers in a culture that wants to experience belonging over believingWho is my neighbor? Who belongs to me? To whom do I belong? These are timeless questions that guide the church to its fundamental calling. Today terms like neighbor, family, and congregation are being redefined. People are searching to belong in new places and experiences. The church needs to adapt its interpretations, definitions, and language to make sense in the changing culture.This book equips congregations and church leaders with tools to: Discern the key ingredients people look for in community Understand the use of space as a key element for experiencing belonging and community Develop the chemical compound that produces an environment for community to spontaneously emerge Discover how language promotes specific spatial belonging and then use this knowledge to build an effective vocabulary for community development Create an assessment tool for evaluating organizational and personal community health
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Handbooks
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development >> Equipping Volunteers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Handbooks
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources