The Sacred Way - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
Our Sunday school teachers taught us to "read your Bible, pray every day and youll grow, grow, grow!" Surely their advice was correct, if not comprehensive. In The Sacred Way Tony Jones explores additional spiritual practices, such as the Jesus Prayer, Spiritual Direction and Pilgrimage that Christians have used to grow closer to God. If you are desperate for a fuller communion with God and interested in the spiritual pathways of the saints, you will find The Sacred Way to be a trustworthy guide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Broaden your spiritual horizons.How has spirituality changed in the last 500, 1,000, or even 2,000 years? How can ancient approaches to faith help my relationship with God today?In The Sacred Way, popular author and speaker Tony Jones mines the rich history of 16 spiritual disciplines that have flourished throughout the ages and offers practical tips for implementing them in your daily life. Find encouragement and challenge through time-tested disciplines such as:Silence and solitude The Jesus prayerMeditationPilgrimageExplore these proven approaches to deepening your faith. As you do, your way of living your spiritual life will never be the same.
Tony Jones is the National Coordinator of Emergent Village (www.emergentvillage.org), a network of innovative, missional Christians. He's also a doctoral fellow and senior research fellow in practical theology at Princeton Theological Seminary. Tony has written several books on philosophy, theology, ministry, and prayer, including Postmodern Youth Ministry and The Sacred Way. He's a sought-after speaker on the topics of theology and the emerging church. Tony lives in Minnesota with his wife, Julie, and their three young children.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
KentWichita KSAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5A great resource in expanding spiritual growth oppMarch 6, 2013KentWichita KSAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4The author provides a valuable resource to help stretch people who want to grow in their faith. The book offers timeless, historical information many are unaware of. I appreciate that it does so without condemning other styles. The book is an invitation to try a "new for you" approach to devotional life.
Mike Manahan4 Stars Out Of 5December 2, 2009Mike ManahanA concise, well written introduction and explanation of great personal disciplines for those hungering for more intimacy with Christ. Silence, meditation, spiritual direction and so many more are presented. These are time honored disciplines that have been forgotten. I am ordering several for family and friends.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Emerging Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Intro to Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership