- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
When Henri Nouwen left the world of academe and headed for the village of Trosly in France, he sought a place that would lead him "closer to the heart of God." Arriving at L'Arche community in Trosly, he felt as if he had finally "come home." Indeed, it was destined to change his life forever.
The Road to Daybreak is Henri Nouwen's intimate diary that records his poignant year at L'Arche, which began in the summer of 1985, a precious time of inner renewal and self-discovery. With simplicity and honesty, he describes how the experience changed his attitudes and enriched his spiritual life. Here Nouwen recounts the struggles and self-doubts he faced along this rocky road to a new vocation as he introduces us to the people of L'Arche and many others whose impact on him was deep and life-lasting. Such was the impact of this experience that he chose to say yes to the call to go to L'Arche Daybreak Community in Toronto and make it his permanent home and ministry.
Rich in insights and sparkling with touching and inspiring anecdotes, The Road to Daybreak invites the reader to join this renowed spiritual writer on his journey to a deeper understanding of God and the human family.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational