- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
Publication Date: 2012
Charlotte Brontë’s The Professor is the coming-of-age story of William Crimsworth. Given the opportunity to work as a teacher in an all-boys boarding school, William builds a reputation as a scholar and educator. Upon accepting an invitation to teach at the all-girls boarding school next door, William meets and falls in love with Frances, a young teacher he tutors.
The Professor was the first novel written by Charlotte Brontë and is unique among her works as the only one to feature a male narrator. Rejected by multiple publishers during her lifetime, The Professor was published posthumously in 1857.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital form, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
Charlotte Brontë, born in 1816, was an English novelist and poet, the eldest of the three Brontë sisters, and one of the nineteenth century's greatest novelists. She is the author of Villette, The Professor, several collections of poetry, and Jane Eyre, one of English literature's most beloved classics. She died in 1855.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download