This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
America's foremost baby and childcare experts explain how you can help your premature baby thrive and flourish--in the hospital and at home. In this book, they offer the tools and advice you need to become comfortable with your potentially bewildering new role. The Searses show you how to be a valuable part of the medical team, helping your baby thrive by offering the care that only a parent can give. Among the topics they cover:
- Getting to know the important people and the cutting-edge equipment in the neonatal intensive care unit
- A preemie's unique features and needs--head to toe, system by system
- Methods for dealing with the fears and feelings common to new parents of premature baby
- Ways parents can bond with their newborn during the infant's extended hospital stay
- And more!
Softcover, 244 pages.
This major new addition to the Sears Parenting Library is a comprehensive, authoritative, and reassuring guide for parents of premature babies. 20 line drawings & photos.