Add To Cart
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
"Evagrius received the desert tradition about prayer that had been developed for several generations before him. But he was the first to organize it into a coherent system,"---Coptic Church Review. Ideas that profoundly influenced John Cassian, John Climacus, and Benedict of Nursia. 190 pages, softcover.
|Title: The Praktikos & Chapters on Prayer|
By: Evagrius Ponticus, John Eudes Bamberger
Number of Pages: 190
Vendor: Liturgical Press
Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 X .5 (inches)
|Weight: 9 ounces|
Series: Cistercian Studies
Stock No: WW079045
Evagrius of Pontus: Talking Back--A Monastic Handbook for Combating DemonsEvagrius of Pontus, translated by David BrakkeLiturgical Press / Trade Paperback$22.46 Retail:
$24.95Save 10% ($2.49)
The Philokalia, Volume 1Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain, Markarios of CorinthFaber & Faber / 1983 / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$19.95Save 25% ($4.96)
John Eudes Bamberger entered Gethsemani Abbey in 1950, having earned an MD from the University of Cincinnati the previous year and done his internship at Georgetown University Hospital. A student of Thomas Merton from 1952-1955, he worked with Merton, after his ordination in 1956, in screening applicants to the abbey. He served as abbot of the Abbey of the Genesee, in New York state, from 1971 until 2001. Since returning from a term as superior in the Philippines, he lives in a hermitage at Genesee.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Spiritual/Mystical Theology >> Spiritual Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Catholic