If anyone knows how to gain The Power to Be: Be Still, Be Grateful, Be Strong, Be Courageous, it is my brave and bright friend, Twila! With practical wisdom, simple-to-apply insights, and rich biblical application woven with splashes of humor, this must-read book will lower your stress and raise your hope and joy.
- Pam Farrel, international speaker and author of forty-five books, including Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti, and 7 Simple Steps for Every Woman: Success in Keeping It All Together
In a day and time when everyone struggles to persevere, The Power to Be brings Gods promises into reach through a simplified and strategic forty-day application. Twila Belks power statements help carry us through the tough times of life in short and memorable fashion. I see The Power to Be as a daily resource for women and men who desire spiritual growth and encouragement for their families.
- Linda Goldfarb, author of Loving the ME God Sees, international speaker, certified Christian life coach, and founder of Parenting Awesome Kids (LivePowerfullyNow.org)
When life feels disturbing, difficult, or distorted, The Power to Be brings the stability you crave in Christ. Interwoven with riveting stories from the authors life, correlating biblical examples, and probing personal questions, this book provides you with a safe place to process lifes most important questions.
- Marnie Swedberg, leadership mentor, international speaker, author, and media personality (Marnie.com)
Twila Belk is not only an accomplished author, shes a woman inti­mately acquainted with hardship. With honesty and humility, she shares insights learned through suffering and leads her readers into a deeper understanding of who God is and why knowing him matters. You wont read this book and then put it on a shelf. Youll keep it handy because youll refer to its wisdom time and time again.
- Grace Fox, global worker, international speaker, and author of Moving from Fear to Freedom: A Womans Guide to Peace in Every Situation (gracefox.com)
It seems author Twila Belk has figured out the formula. I cant be courageous until Im strong. I cant be strong until Im grateful. And I cant be grateful until Im still. No wonder she came up with the title The Power to Be. This book empowers me to be all those things and more! Twilas trademark style of friend-girl humor and honesty are woven through these scriptural principles and life steps. Her power statements provide intentional affirmations I can take with me the rest of the day, with mind and heart inspired to be exactly what God wants.
- Kathy Carlton Willis, author and speaker, Gods Grin Gal
Do you struggle with fear, worry, insecurity, or other feelings that hold you back from being who you were created to be? In Twilas re­latable and humorous style, she shares from experience and Scrip­ture what it takes to be still, grateful, strong, and courageous. Let her devotions encourage you. Use her practical and powerful tools. And watch what God can do when you turn your attention to him, especially when facing the tough stuff of life.
- Georgia Shaffer, professional certified coach, PA licensed psychologist, author of A Gift of Mourning Glories: Restoring Your Life after Loss and Taking Out Your Emotional Trash
If you could use a dose of encouragement, strength, faith, and hope, read The Power to Be by Twila Belk. This remarkable book offers forty short devotions on choosing to be still, grateful, strong, and courageous. Twilas personal transparency speaks deeply of what shes learned in Gods Word about how to apply his truth to the challenges of everyday life. Dont miss this treasure! Youll want to buy several copies to share with friends.
- Carol Kent, speaker, author of over twenty books, including He Holds My Hand: Experiencing Gods Presence and Protection, founder of Speak Up for Hope
With wisdom only gained from traveling through many a storm, Twila Belk takes us all on a journey of being. Being still. Being grateful. Being strong. And being courageous. Its a journey like no other, and were all the better having taken the ride.
- Joanie and Jenni Beaver, co-owners of Positive Note Network (positivenotenetwork.com)
Twila Belk has lived out the truths she writes about in The Power to Be. Her trials have taught her how to be still, be grateful, be strong, and be courageous. She is the real deal, and those who read The Power to Be will be greatly encouraged to be still, grateful, strong, and courageous as they face their own challenges.
- Carole Lewis, director emeritus of First Place 4 Health, author of Live Life Right Here Right Now
Once upon a time, a very courageous author decided to write a very powerful book to help readers see the way to Be still, grateful, strong, and courageous. In the process, she helped us to recognize Gods presence in our lives, develop a thankful heart, and press through our difficulties with the courage of the Lord. Thank you, Twila, for every word!
- Linda Evans Shepherd, author and speaker, author of When You Dont Know What to Pray, founder of Right to the Heart Ministries