The most comprehensive alphabetized guide to American Sign Language (ASL) available today.
Unlike other signing books, which organize by "categories," the Visual Dictionary is arranged in a straightforward, easy-to-use dictionary format.
Inside youll find special features offering a fast, simple approach to the art of signing, including:
• More than 1,350 signs -- arranged alphabetically with directions on how to use each sign
• Detailed illustrations -- showing precise hand positions and exact movements
• Memory aids -- to assist in recalling how to make each sign
• Sample sentences -- to clarify grammatical usage
• Numbers -- from one to one million, including monetary signs
• Fingerspelling -- a vital tool for communicating words for which there are no signs, or for when the sign has not yet been learned
• Helpful hints -- suggestions and tips for easier signing
• A comprehensive index -- with all entries and their synonyms for easy cross-referencing
Authors Rod R. Butterworth and Mickey Flodin have written many widely used signing books, including Signing Made Easy and The Pocket Dictionary of Signing.