- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This two book set includes the hardcover The Ocean Book that's filled with full-color photos, charts, graphs, and illustrations; as well as the softcover Ocean Book Study Guide. The study guide takes you through each chapter in The Ocean Book with discussion and short answer questions, vocabulary, activities and "on your own" projects, making it the perfect homeschool or small group resource. An answer key is included in the back;
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2004
The oceans may well be Earth's final frontier. These dark and sometimes mysterious waters cover 71 percent of the surface area of the globe and have yet to be fully explored, Under the waves, a watery world of frail splendor, foreboding creatures, and sights beyond imagination awaits.
The Ocean Book will teach you about:
- Giant squid and other "monsters" of the seas
- Centuries of ocean exploration
- Hydrothermal vents
- The ingredients that make up the ocean
- Harnessing the ocean's energy
- Coral reefs
- Ships, submarines, and other ocean vessels
- The major ocean currents
- El Nino, whirlpools, and hurricanes
- Harvesting the oceans' resources
- Whales, dolphins, fish, and other sea creatures
Learning about the oceans and their hidden contents can be exciting and rewarding. The abundance and diversity of life, the wealth of resources, and the simple mysteries there have intrigued explorers and scientist for centuries. A better understanding of our oceans ensures careful conservation of their grandeur and beauty for future generations, and leads to a deeper respect for the delicate balance of life on planet Earth.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Is this just the book or also the study guide? The title implies just the book, but the photo & description show both the book & the study guide.
This download includes the book and the study guide.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Subjects >> Earth Science
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.