This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Today's environmental concerns have led to a new generation of high-tech stoves, designed to burn cleaner and more efficiently than ever before.
The New Woodburner's Handbook is the essential layman's guide to both the latest improvements and the age-old wisdom of heating with wood. Chimney sweep Stephen Bushway presents first-time and long-time woodburners with all the information necessary to heat a home economically and safely, while safeguarding the environment for ourselves and our children. Topics discussed include:
- Selecting the right home for your home and your lifestyle.
- Tips for insulating and conserving energy at home.
- Installing a woodstove safely.
- Catalytic, noncatalytic, and pellet stoves -- pros and cons. New federal regulations and air-quality laws make it more important than ever that woodburners know about all of the options available to them. The New Woodburner's Handbook helps you apply the latest developments in the industry to your specific situation and decide for yourself how heating with wood makes sense in your own home. Paperback, 168 pages.
Modern stoves are designed to burn cleanly and efficiently, which makes heating your home with wood an economical and environmentally friendly alternative to oil, gas, or electricity. Offering an in-depth discussion of the pros and cons of catalytic, noncatalytic, and pellet stoves, Stephen Bushway also provides plenty of advice on masonry heaters, insulation, and creating an energy-efficient home. Youll stay warm and cozy all winter long as you learn everything you need to know to safely and successfully heat your home with wood.
Stephen Bushway, author of The New Woodburners Handbook, is a former chimney sweep who designs and builds custom masonry heaters. He lives in Plainfield, Massachusetts.