- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Whether its widely promoted debates streamed over the internet or a big-budget documentary series on TV, the supposed "conflict" between science and faith remains as prominent as ever. In this accessible guide for students, a well-regarded science professor introduces readers to the natural sciences from a distinctly Christian perspective. Starting with the classical view of God as the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, this book lays the biblical foundation for the study of the natural world and explores the history of scientific reflection from Kepler to Darwin. This informative resource argues that the Christian worldview provides the best grounds for scientific investigation, offering readers the framework they need to think and speak clearly about this important issue.
John A. Bloom (PhD, Cornell University; PhD, Annenberg Research Institute) is a professor of physics and chair of the chemistry, physics, and engineering department at Biola University. He is the founder and academic director of Biolas masters degree program in science and religion. He is the author of a number of published articles and the book The Natural Sciences: A Student's Guide.
David S. Dockery (PhD, University of Texas) is the president of Trinity International University in Deerfield, Illinois, following more than eighteen years of presidential leadership at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He is a much sought-after speaker and lecturer, a consulting editor for Christianity Today, and the author or editor of more than thirty books. Dockery and his wife, Lanese, have three sons and six grandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Studies in Theology & Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Science
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Science
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Worldview & Apologetics
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Supplements >> Science Books
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download