Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 2001
Series: Odyssey Classics
In between not rescuing stray dogs, and losing and finding best friends, Jane must secretly look after the oldest inhabitant of Cranbury . . . so he can live to be one hundred. Between brushing her hair from her eyes and holding up her stockings, she has to help the girls' basketball team win the championship. And it falls to Jane-the only person in town with enough courage-to stand up to the frightful mechanical wizard, Wallie Bangs.
Jane is so busy keeping Cranbury in order that she barely has time to be plain old Jane. Sometimes the middle is the most exciting place of all. . . .
Eleanor Estes (1906-1988) grew up in West Haven, Connecticut, which she renamed Cranbury for her classic stories about the Moffat and Pye families. A childrens librarian for many years, she launched her writing career with the publication of The Moffats in 1941. Two of her outstanding books about the MoffatsRufus M. and The Middle Moffatwere awarded Newbery Honors, as was her short novel The Hundred Dresses. She won the Newbery Medal for Ginger Pye.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Children >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Books >> Children >> Children's Fiction >> Mystery
- Books >> Children >> Classics
- Children >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Children >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Mystery
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics
- Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics