Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
"Justification by faith alone, that central doctrinal feature of the Reformation, has proven to be a controversial issue down through the years. This is not surprising, since it undermines the perennial human desire to have human merit as the basis for salvation. But this doctrine is eminently biblical. Moreover, it glorifies God and puts human beings in their place in a God-centred universe.
"Controversy erupted over this doctrine towards the end of the Puritan era, and it has to be admitted that Richard Baxter, such a good guide to Puritan views on ethical issues, was behind the theological errors to which Benjamin Keach ably responds in this vital work. But why reprint this work from a bygone day and old controversy? For the simple fact that theological error on this issue is not relegated to the past. As significant sectors of Evangelicalism careen towards theological disaster in our day, this issue of how a person is made right with God has again become a matter of debate and acrimonious dispute. And here Keach can help us.
"So read this work! Defend with your last breath the biblical doctrine herein recommended! And glorify the God who justifies the wicked!" - Dr. Michael Haykin
Benjamin Keach (1640-1704) was an important Particular Baptist preacher, author, and ardent defender of Baptist principles, even against Richard Baxter. Often in prison and frequently in danger for preaching the Gospel, he was the first to introduce the singing of hymns in the worship of English congregations.
Number of Pages: 100
Vendor: Solid Ground Christian Books
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.00 X 0.30 (inches)|
By Faith Alone: Answering the Challenges to the Doctrine of JustificationGary L.W. Johnson, Guy Prentiss WatersCrossway / 2007 / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:
$17.99Save 25% ($4.50)
Justification: What's at Stake in the Current DebatesMark Husbands, Daniel J. TreierInterVarsity Press / 2004 / Trade Paperback$25.20 Retail:
$28.00Save 10% ($2.80)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Puritan Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Justification
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Puritan Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Baptist Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Puritan Theology