- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
David Brainerd, an early missionary to the American Indians in New York, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania, died in 1747 at the age of twenty-nine at the home of his long-time friend and supporter, the eminent Puritan theologian and preacher Jonathan Edwards. It is thanks to Edwards' careful preservation and thoughtful editing of his friend's Diary and Journal that Brainerd has influenced Christians all over the world for over 250 years.
As he labored in what was still the untamed American frontier to bring the Gospel to the Indians, Brainerd faced many challenges, including depression, loneliness, and physical illness. Yet his genuine piety and single-minded devotion to God, both in heart and in practice, form a consistent backdrop to his turbulent inner world. This compilation offers a rare glimpse into the life of a man compelled by God to share His love with others in the most difficult of circumstances.
Dan Saugstad5 Stars Out Of 5March 3, 2007Dan SaugstadWow, I think every Christian who wants depth in their walk should read this book. Both Jonathan Edwards and David Brainerd were men of incredibly deep examination of themselves and their state before God. Something western Christianity seems to have lost today. Read it and take the examples to heart so that you can truly attempt to prize Gods grace to sinners.
Robert Smith5 Stars Out Of 5October 27, 2000Robert SmithExcellent book about a missionary to the Indians in the 1750s before our country became the USA. It will challenge you to seek God more and allow Him to use you for His honor and glory. I am reading it for the third time and will continue to go back through it to gain more insight into God's way of working a Revival.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction