Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
From Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem to His glorious resurrection, the Last Days of Jesus DVD Bible study provides a fantastic overview of six major events surrounding Jesus' death and resurrection! Each of the six sessions starts out in Israel, showing key locations such as the Garden of Gethsemane and the Mount of Olives.
Taught by leading scholars and professors who offer excellent overviews along with historical and cultural context, this study will deepen your understanding of key Easter events. The DVD has all of the teaching session which last approximately 30 minutes and a downloadable leader guide.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 4142DV
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2017
Dimensions: 7.50 X 5.25 (inches)
Series: Deeper Connections
The Mystery of the Last Supper: Reconstructing the Final Days of JesusColin J. HumphreysCambridge University Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$25.16 Retail:
$27.95Save 10% ($2.79)
About the Speakers and Host▼▲
Dr. Darrell Bock is research professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. An editorat-
large for Christianity Today, he speaks and teaches on the person of Jesus both nationally and
Dr. Gary Burge is professor of New Testament at Wheaton College and is a sought-after conference
speaker. His experiences in Beirut, Lebanon during its civil war beginning in the 1970s helped him to see
how valuable it is to understand the world of the Middle East in order to correctly understand the biblical
world of Jesus.
Dr. Scott Duvall is professor of New Testament at Ouachita Baptist University in Little Rock, Arkansas, where
he won the Outstanding Faculty Award four times. He has pastored various churches, and presently is copastor
of Fellowship Church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
Professor Susan Hecht is instructor of New Testament at Denver Seminary and is completing a doctorate in
New Testament from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, before which she ministered on college campuses
with Campus Crusade for Christ for 20 years.
Dr. Mark Strauss is professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary in San Diego, California. He is a frequent
preacher, served in multiple interim pastorates and authored many books and commentaries.
Dr. Matt Williams, General Editor of the Deeper Connections DVD series, is associate professor of New
Testament at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. A former missionary to Spain, Matt preaches and
teaches in churches throughout the United States and Spain.
Margaret Feinberg, Host, is a popular speaker at churches and national conferences. Named one of the
"Thirty Emerging Voices" of Christian leaders under 40 by Charisma Magazine, she has also written more
than 700 articles and a dozen books.
About the Sessions▼▲
Session 1: From Warrior to Servant: Jesus the Messiah
- Explore Caesarea Philippi, the location of the Gates of Hades, where Jesus and his disciples stood. Dive into greater depths of who Jesus really is: the Son of God, the Christ, and the Messiah. Dr. Matt Williams teaches about the shocking revelation of Jesus' identity to his disciples: not a military conqueror overthrowing Rome, but a suffering servant triumphing over evil and death. What is it to deny yourself? What did Jesus mean when he told Peter, "Get behind me, Satan?" Unpack the incredible mysteries & prophecies in Matthew 16 using the Old Testament Scriptures and Jewish cultural context.
Session 2: A Glimpse of Glory: The Transfiguration
- Get a glimpse of Nazareth, Jesus' hometown as you dive into the story of the Transfiguration. From the Colorado Rockies, Dr. Susan Hecht guides you through this historic and pivotal teaching of the Transfiguration in Matthew 17, where the Old and New Testament collide. Get an in-depth overview of Jesus' meeting with Elijah and Moses, what his transfiguration means for our transformation, the disciples' reactions, and how to apply this lesson to our lives.
Session 3: The Rejected King: The Triumphal Entry
- Travel along the Mount of Olives where Jesus frequently traveled and where he entered Jerusalem on a donkey to publicly proclaim his identity as the Messiah. Dr. Mark Strauss walks you through the three events that make up the Triumphal Entry: Jesus' entrance on Palm Sunday, the cleansing of the temple, and the cursing of the fig tree. Dr. Strauss covers the historical and cultural background of Passover, Old Testament prophecies, Jewish customs of temple sacrifice, and much more! Plus, get practical applications to bring the Lord of Lords into your day-to-day living and transform the world around you!
Session 4: Love to the Full: The Last Supper
- Experience Upper Mount Zion, where Jesus and his disciples spent their final night together for the Last Supper. Dr. Scott Duvall covers the Passover ceremony in-depth to shine light on the meaning of the events of this critical evening, including Jesus washing his disciples' feet, the betrayal of Judas, the Lord's Supper, and much more. Learn to apply the 3 practical principles Jesus displays in this lesson: selfless love, serving one another, and forgiveness!
Session 5: The Ultimate Victory: The Trial and Death of Jesus
- Discover the Garden of Gethsemane, filled with olive trees thousands of years old, where Jesus came to hide and was arrested by the Romans after being betrayed by Judas. Join Dr. Darrell Bock in Dallas, Texas, as he walks through the trial and crucifixion of Jesus. What was the claim Jesus made that pressed Pilate to convict him? Dr. Bock puts Jesus' confession, his death, and the reaction of the public in Jewish, Roman, and modern day contexts to paint a powerful picture of God's plan for salvation.
Session 6: The Death of Death: The Resurrection of Jesus
- Take a walk by the Garden Tomb, one of the few likely places where Jesus rose from the dead to proclaim his triumph over evil. Discover the earth-shattering power of the resurrection of Jesus Dr. Gary Burge at Forest Home Cemetery in Chicago, Illinois, as he vividly reconstructs the scene using the Scriptures, apologetics, and first century Jewish culture. Enrich your understanding of the most spectacular event in all of Christian history and learn how to allow it to transform you from the inside out.
From the Publisher▼▲
The Last Days of Jesus DVD, the second released DVD in the Deeper Connection series, invites us to see the behind-the-scenes truth of the main events of Jesus' death. Six professors with specialized areas of knowledge each emphasize three components: 1)Historical and cultural background; 2) An engaging, close look at the biblical text and its meaning and 3) Accurate, encouraging, and challenging applications of the Bible’s message to life today. Each of the six sessions last 25-30 minutes.
About the Series▼▲
Unlike any other Bible study available, this visually stunning DVD series is written and taught by biblical experts - six professors with specialized areas of knowledge. This DVD includes an introduction from Israel and was filmed in diverse locations such as the Rocky Mountains, downtown Chicago and the Arizona desert.
- From Warrior to Servant: Jesus the Messiah
- A Glimpse of Glory: The Transfiguration
- The Rejected King: The Triumphal Entry
- Love to the Full: The Last Supper
- The Ultimate Victory: The Trial and Death of Jesus
- The Death of Death: The Resurrection of Jesus