Add To Cart
- All Products
- Spring Super Sale
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- RoseKidz & Kids Bibles
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
From Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem to His glorious resurrection, the Last Days of Jesus DVD Bible study provides a fantastic overview of six major events surrounding Jesus' death and resurrection! Each of the six sessions starts out in Israel, showing key locations such as the Garden of Gethsemane and the Mount of Olives.
Taught by leading scholars and professors who offer excellent overviews along with historical and cultural context, this study will deepen your understanding of key Easter events. The DVD has all of the teaching session which last approximately 30 minutes and a downloadable leader guide.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 4142DV
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2017
Dimensions: 7.50 X 5.25 (inches)
Series: Deeper Connections
About the Speakers and Host▼▲
Dr. Darrell Bock is research professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. An editorat-
large for Christianity Today, he speaks and teaches on the person of Jesus both nationally and
Dr. Gary Burge is professor of New Testament at Wheaton College and is a sought-after conference
speaker. His experiences in Beirut, Lebanon during its civil war beginning in the 1970s helped him to see
how valuable it is to understand the world of the Middle East in order to correctly understand the biblical
world of Jesus.
Dr. Scott Duvall is professor of New Testament at Ouachita Baptist University in Little Rock, Arkansas, where
he won the Outstanding Faculty Award four times. He has pastored various churches, and presently is copastor
of Fellowship Church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
Professor Susan Hecht is instructor of New Testament at Denver Seminary and is completing a doctorate in
New Testament from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, before which she ministered on college campuses
with Campus Crusade for Christ for 20 years.
Dr. Mark Strauss is professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary in San Diego, California. He is a frequent
preacher, served in multiple interim pastorates and authored many books and commentaries.
Dr. Matt Williams, General Editor of the Deeper Connections DVD series, is associate professor of New
Testament at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. A former missionary to Spain, Matt preaches and
teaches in churches throughout the United States and Spain.
Margaret Feinberg, Host, is a popular speaker at churches and national conferences. Named one of the
"Thirty Emerging Voices" of Christian leaders under 40 by Charisma Magazine, she has also written more
than 700 articles and a dozen books.
About the Sessions▼▲
Session 1: From Warrior to Servant: Jesus the Messiah
- Explore Caesarea Philippi, the location of the Gates of Hades, where Jesus and his disciples stood. Dive into greater depths of who Jesus really is: the Son of God, the Christ, and the Messiah. Dr. Matt Williams teaches about the shocking revelation of Jesus' identity to his disciples: not a military conqueror overthrowing Rome, but a suffering servant triumphing over evil and death. What is it to deny yourself? What did Jesus mean when he told Peter, "Get behind me, Satan?" Unpack the incredible mysteries & prophecies in Matthew 16 using the Old Testament Scriptures and Jewish cultural context.
Session 2: A Glimpse of Glory: The Transfiguration
- Get a glimpse of Nazareth, Jesus' hometown as you dive into the story of the Transfiguration. From the Colorado Rockies, Dr. Susan Hecht guides you through this historic and pivotal teaching of the Transfiguration in Matthew 17, where the Old and New Testament collide. Get an in-depth overview of Jesus' meeting with Elijah and Moses, what his transfiguration means for our transformation, the disciples' reactions, and how to apply this lesson to our lives.
Session 3: The Rejected King: The Triumphal Entry
- Travel along the Mount of Olives where Jesus frequently traveled and where he entered Jerusalem on a donkey to publicly proclaim his identity as the Messiah. Dr. Mark Strauss walks you through the three events that make up the Triumphal Entry: Jesus' entrance on Palm Sunday, the cleansing of the temple, and the cursing of the fig tree. Dr. Strauss covers the historical and cultural background of Passover, Old Testament prophecies, Jewish customs of temple sacrifice, and much more! Plus, get practical applications to bring the Lord of Lords into your day-to-day living and transform the world around you!
Session 4: Love to the Full: The Last Supper
- Experience Upper Mount Zion, where Jesus and his disciples spent their final night together for the Last Supper. Dr. Scott Duvall covers the Passover ceremony in-depth to shine light on the meaning of the events of this critical evening, including Jesus washing his disciples' feet, the betrayal of Judas, the Lord's Supper, and much more. Learn to apply the 3 practical principles Jesus displays in this lesson: selfless love, serving one another, and forgiveness!
Session 5: The Ultimate Victory: The Trial and Death of Jesus
- Discover the Garden of Gethsemane, filled with olive trees thousands of years old, where Jesus came to hide and was arrested by the Romans after being betrayed by Judas. Join Dr. Darrell Bock in Dallas, Texas, as he walks through the trial and crucifixion of Jesus. What was the claim Jesus made that pressed Pilate to convict him? Dr. Bock puts Jesus' confession, his death, and the reaction of the public in Jewish, Roman, and modern day contexts to paint a powerful picture of God's plan for salvation.
Session 6: The Death of Death: The Resurrection of Jesus
- Take a walk by the Garden Tomb, one of the few likely places where Jesus rose from the dead to proclaim his triumph over evil. Discover the earth-shattering power of the resurrection of Jesus Dr. Gary Burge at Forest Home Cemetery in Chicago, Illinois, as he vividly reconstructs the scene using the Scriptures, apologetics, and first century Jewish culture. Enrich your understanding of the most spectacular event in all of Christian history and learn how to allow it to transform you from the inside out.
From the Publisher▼▲
The Last Days of Jesus DVD, the second released DVD in the Deeper Connection series, invites us to see the behind-the-scenes truth of the main events of Jesus' death. Six professors with specialized areas of knowledge each emphasize three components: 1)Historical and cultural background; 2) An engaging, close look at the biblical text and its meaning and 3) Accurate, encouraging, and challenging applications of the Bible’s message to life today. Each of the six sessions last 25-30 minutes.
About the Series▼▲
Unlike any other Bible study available, this visually stunning DVD series is written and taught by biblical experts - six professors with specialized areas of knowledge. This DVD includes an introduction from Israel and was filmed in diverse locations such as the Rocky Mountains, downtown Chicago and the Arizona desert.
- From Warrior to Servant: Jesus the Messiah
- A Glimpse of Glory: The Transfiguration
- The Rejected King: The Triumphal Entry
- Love to the Full: The Last Supper
- The Ultimate Victory: The Trial and Death of Jesus
- The Death of Death: The Resurrection of Jesus
theChristianReviewerAge: 45-54Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5Amazing Bible study on the the last days of JesusMarch 8, 2017theChristianReviewerAge: 45-54Gender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As I stated in a couple of my previous reviews of other items, I am going to be in Israel in a very short time for a 10-day tour. So far, I have loved the Deeper Connections Series DVD-based Bible Studies as they have parts that are filmed on location in Israel. To see the site locations that pertain to the miracles and where Jesus walked helped dramatically to put Scripture into perspective. The teaching in the 6 different Bible studies are solid on the last days of Jesus and how we can apply the lessons we learn to our lives is excellent to say the least. From a content perspective, this is put together very well. You won't go wrong with purchasing this excellent Bible study kit.
DVD VIDEO (ISBN: 978-1628624328)
As I mentioned previously in this review, it is based all on the digital content and not the physical content. So, I received electronic video files from Rose Publishing to watch each of the sessions included in the DVD that comes with the kit. The videos range from around 26 to 36 minutes in length.
The videos are very professionally done and each session has separate sections to them. Initially, the lesson starts out with an amazing introduction with Margaret Feinberg that is filmed on location in Israel which helps connect the Scriptures on such a personal level. She really did an excellent job. I honestly love the approach of doing these videos on-site in Israel for two reasons. First because I will be taking a trip with my wife and her mother in a little over a week for a 10-day trip to Israel. I enjoy seeing some of the sites ahead of time. Second, and more importantly, seeing some of the sites where these events took place many years ago really helps us to put Scripture into perspective so we can understand it better and apply it more accurately to our lives. After the introduction, the video teachings start off with an audio reading of the pertinent Scriptures (from the NIV Audio Bible) and then the lesson from the teacher, and finally, a quick video graphic called "Connecting the Bible to Life" where they direct you to the discussion section within the Participant's Guide where we review how to apply what we've learned. Some of the videos are broken up during the teaching portion to have discussions throughout the teaching time.
LEADER GUIDE (digital copy included with the DVD)
The kit comes with a digital copy of the Leader Guide that you can print out. It is 33 pages, so it was not a huge burden on my printer.. My review is based on the digital copy that I received from Rose Publishing. Each of the six sessions has very helpful ideas for group leaders on how to prepare, setup and conduct the Bible study meetings, Tips for preparation for before the meeting, how to open the session, and so much more. Clear instructions are vital in my opinion and Rose did a very nice job accomplishing just that. The leader/facilitator should have no issues running a Bible study using these materials and this leader guide.
I received a copy of this digital material from Rose Publishing in exchange for my honest review.
Debbie from ChristFocusHarrison, ARAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Informative and interesting Bible studyJanuary 24, 2017Debbie from ChristFocusHarrison, ARAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5"The Last Days of Jesus" is a 6-session DVD Bible study for small groups or personal use. Each session is 25-35 minutes long. It starts with 2-3 minutes of video on location in Israel (Ceasarea Philippi, Mount of Olives, Garden Tomb, etc.) with Margaret Feinberg. This is followed by audio of the study text from Matthew using the NIV Audio Bible. Then a New Testament scholar provides 17 minutes of commentary on the passage and 6-10 minutes of application. They walk you through the text while explaining first century context and cultural background information.
For example, Session 1 covers "Who do people say that I am?" and explained why people thought Jesus might be those people and what they expected of the Messiah. Dr. Williams also explained some phrases like "keys of the kingdom of heaven" and underlying word plays. Each session features a different speaker, so Session 1 on Matthew 16:13-28 features Dr. Matt Williams, Session 3 on Matthew 21:1-22 features Dr. Mark Strauss, and Session 6 on Matthew 28:1-10 features Dr. Gary Burge.
The lessons are on Jesus the Messiah, the Transfiguration, the Triumphal Entry, the Last Supper, The Trial and Death of Jesus, and Jesus' Resurrection. Overall, I thought that the three sessions I viewed were informative and interesting. I'd recommend this series as a small group Bible study.
My review is based off of a free viewing of 3 video sessions as provided by the publisher.
Tessa5 Stars Out Of 5For Christians at any stage of lifeJanuary 9, 2017TessaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is an articulate and in-depth Bible study that brings Scripture to life. The imagery displayed in the videos and the audible reading of Scripture enables the listener to place themselves in the scenario. Also, the presentation of differing interpretations encourages interaction with the application of Truth to the life of the Church. I greatly appreciate the explanation of the cultural and historical context to denote the tension between the Messiah of Jewish expectation and the suffering Messiah; it debunks false understandings of who Jesus is. Whether you've grown up in Church or are new believer, I definitely recommend this study. For those with an intellectual appetite, the use of Greek words creates a greater desire to be immersed in study of the text. For those who love the simplicity of the Gospel, you cannot help but be in awe of the love communicated in the last days of Jesus. For all Christians, a genuine intrigue in the Word of God in both the Old and New Testament.
JOE5 Stars Out Of 5great for conversationsJanuary 9, 2017JOEQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5this study is great for small groups.
lots of applicable information. i love the
visual backgrounds to the studies.
Brianna5 Stars Out Of 5Engaging and Informative!January 7, 2017BriannaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The last days of Jesus leading up to his death are powerful. Jesus is serving and teaching right up until he becomes the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Recognizing the full meaning and implications of these last days can be difficult on your own, but a study like this one helps these rich narratives come to life in new ways. It is amazing to be able to hear about the meaning of these accounts of Jesus' last days from scholars who have studied these texts closely so that they can be faithful teachers. This DVD series would be so helpful for personal use as you seek to gain a further understanding of what is happening in the last days of Christ or for use with a church small group. The teaching of these scholars coupled with stirring scenes filmed in Israel makes for a great DVD study of the last days of Christ.