- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
In 27 brief lessons on the Holy Spirit, James Howell introduces us to the third person of the Trinity, "this personal, elusive, invisible, powerful Spirit."
Who is the Holy Spirit? What is the work of the Spirit? How can I connect with the Holy Spirit in my life? What would that look like? These are just a few of the questions believers may struggle with as they attempt to come to a fuller understanding of the Holy Spirit. Drawing on his own experience as well as the wisdom of other writers, Howell invites readers to know and experience God the Spirit.
The title of the book comes from a quotation by Bernard of Clairvaux that it is appropriate to think of the Holy Spirit as a kiss. The author explains that Clairvaux "is imagining God the Father loving his son Jesus so tenderly that God would kiss the son, and the Spirit then would be that kiss."
Some of the lessons are: The Spirit in the Trinity, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, The Spirit and Creation, The Spirit in Us, Culture and the Spirit, The Spirit in the Church, Sending the Comforter, The Spirit and Freedom, and The Spirit and the Future. Each lesson begins with a prayer written by the author. A study guide is included to assist small group leaders.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit