Add To Cart
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 336
Vendor: Penguin Random House
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 8 X 5.31 X 0.50 (inches)|
Why do Jews eat gefilte fish?
Why is a glass broken at the end of a Jewish wedding ceremony?
Why must the chapter of curses in the Torah be read quickly in a low voice?
Why are shrimp and lobster not kosher?
Why do Jews fast on Yom Kippur?
Why are some Matzot square while others are round?
If you've ever asked or been asked any of these questions, The Jewish Book of Why has all the answers. In this complete, concise, fascinating, and thoroughly informative guide to Jewish life and tradition, Rabbi Alfred J. Kolatch clearly explains both the significance and the origin of nearly every symbol, custom, and practice known to Jewish culture-from Afikomon to Yarmulkes, and from Passover to Purim. Kolatch also dispels many of the prevalent misconceptions and misunderstandings that surround Jewish observance and provides a full and unfettered look at the biblical, historical, and sometimes superstitious reasons and rituals that helped develop Jewish law and custom and make Judaism not just a religion, but a way of life. L'chaim!
Robert Langston5 Stars Out Of 5March 7, 2008Robert LangstonThis book is really helpful to me; lots of information that I need. Talks a lot about the Jewish people and what they believe in and what they do. We need to respect the Jews. So this book is helpful pick it up and read it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Judaism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Judaism >> Jewish Philosophy & Theology
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology