The Imitation of Christ - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Bridge-Logos Publishing
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Pure Gold Classics
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
JennybelAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A Great BookFebruary 13, 2013JennybelAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5A great book!! Full of eye opening information and like that it has end of chapter scripture
P. Chase Sears5 Stars Out Of 5January 2, 2006P. Chase Sears<I>The Imitation of Christ</I>, a Christian classic, was written between 1420 and 1427 by an Augustinian monk named Thomas Kempis. This book is actually four books combined into one, and is written in a devotional like style. Each chapter of each book deals with a different topic, pushing the reader to examine his or herself in light of the instruction given. The first two books deal with a persons view of the world and his or her personal humility and integrity. The following two books are set up in a unique way in that they are laid out in dialog format. The two books are written simulating conversations between Jesus and a struggling Christian, known in the book as "the disciple." When reading this book, two over arching themes are dominate, asceticism and Roman Catholicism.
Maria A. Brogno5 Stars Out Of 5July 31, 2000Maria A. BrognoHarold J. Chadwick did a wonderful job on the Imitation of Christ. This is my second book purchased. It is easier to comprehend and you get that same classic of the book. I have The Imitation of Christ written in January 14, 1941 in good condition, but it's hard to understand with the Catholic background. This new revised is for sure a pure gold classic. I use this book as my daily devotional.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality