Here's a comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the Bible and its significance for your life. User-friendly and geared to all levels of Bible knowledge, five sections offer practical study helps on all aspects of the Bible---its backgrounds, themes, and applications.
- Articles, outlines and commentary from leading evangelical scholars
- Full color photos, illustrations, charts and maps
- Special section on historical background and recent findings in Biblical archaeology
- Points out theological teaching and ethical message of each Bible book
- Study questions for further reflection
This practical tool brings an understanding of the ancient world together with the timeless message of God's Word to expand Biblical insights for the modern readers. Features include: articles, outlines and commentary from leading evangelical scholars, full-color photos, illustrations, charts and maps, special section on historical background and recent findings in Biblical archaeology, highlighted, theological teaching and ethical message of each Bible book, and study questions for further reflection.
David S. Dockery is president of Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He has also served as chairman of the board of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Dockery has authored or edited thirty books including Renewing Minds, Shaping a Christian Worldview, and Christian Leadership Essentials. In addition, he serves as a consulting editor for Christianity Today magazine.