- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Out of the Protestant Reformation came several important doctrines, including a renewed understanding of repentance. Instead of viewing repentance as a one-time confession, the reformers began to teach what the Bible teachesthat it is both radical and perpetual.
In this redesigned, concise volume Sinclair Ferguson examines how the Bible defines repentance and how the doctrine has fared in todays evangelical churches. He finds many sorely lacking in proper theological understanding: "Once again we need to proclaim the full-orbed doctrine of repentance within an evangelical world that has begun to manifest symptoms of the same medieval sickness." This reversion to a kind of medieval theology includes the viewing of repentance as an isolated, emotional event.
Ferguson combats this trend by pointing us toward repentance in the Bible. As we embrace continual confession and turning from sin, we will find our spiritual walk transformed and our fellowship with Christ renewed. This is an important book for every Christian who wants the grace of repentance to regain rightful prominence in evangelical churches.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living