- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
Chris Seay is one of my favorite people. Hes a shepherd at heart. His insights on culture always take me into a better understanding of the world we live in. Im grateful for him in so many ways.
Don Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz
An epic journey into the deepest mysteries of faith
Lost is not just a television show. It has become much larger than that, growing into a complex, mystery-filled epic that has garnered over twenty-three million participants. Some might call these people viewers, but you dont just watch Lostyou participate in it. It demands that you dialogue with the story, seeking theories, discussing with friends, and comparing yourself to the characters.
Lost has broken all the formulas for television, and in doing so has drawn together millions of people on a shared journey that explores life, faith, history, science, philosophy, hope, and the basic questions of what it means to be human. Its the seemingly infinite ideas, philosophies, and biblical metaphors that draw us in and leave us wanting more.
The Gospel According to Lost explores each of these elements in an analysis of faith and metaphora perfect resource for those who want to go even deeper into the journey.
Inside, youll discover what Lost has to say about
- The clash between faith and reas0n, on the island and in real life;
- The struggle with guilt that consumes each characterand sometimes us too;
- The dichotomy between fatalism and fate, and what the Bible advises;
- How being loston an island or in societypresents an opportunity for reinvention that liberates some and paralyzes others.
Chris Seay is the pastor of Ecclesia, a progressive Christian community in Houston, Texas, recognized for exploring spiritual questions of culture and breaking new ground in art, music, and film. Chris is the author of The Gospel According to Tony Soprano and The Gospel Reloaded. He lives in Houston with his wife, Lisa, and their four children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media >> Television
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality