- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
In twenty-first century America, at a time when the family structure is crumbling, divorce rates are at an all-time high, and respect for parents is diminishing, The Godly Home serves as a balm for those seeking God's plan for the family. With an introduction by J. I. Packer, this book includes topics for those passionate about families or those teaching on the characteristics of a godly family. Richard Baxter covers topics such as marriage, children, and family worship methodically and comprehensively through both hypothetical and real-life questions and concerns that arise in family dynamics. He uses arguments, objections, and frequent Scripture to help husbands, wives, and children to live godly lives.
More than three centuries ago, Puritan church leader Baxter compiled a 1,143-page tome entitled Christian Directory, which included a section on family life. The Godly Home is the only stand-alone version of that section of Christian Directory. Editor Randall Pederson has updated the language and syntax to make this seventeenth-century collection of words one that will continue on for generations to come.
Jeremy ESeattleAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5This book, thus far, is absolutely brilliant.February 13, 2012Jeremy ESeattleAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Only in the first (very big) chapter, and I'm already impressed by Baxter's incredibly thoughtful treatise on the Biblical family. It even has a very long, philosophically stimulating passage which explains the trials of marriage to young men. Wish I'd read it before getting married!
The editor did a fine job, too, making sure all the Latin phrases had English translations, and that words unknown to most modern readers had asterisks to help make the incredibly verbose and poetic quality accessible. I give this an A+, easily, and when I have children, I'm going to force them to read it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Puritan Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Biblical Encouragement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Biblical Encouragement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting