Add To Cart
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
In this hopeful book, Erik Kolbell, an insightful writer and caregiver, looks back through Scripture and finds that it reveals a God of second chances. The Bible is rich with words like re-conciliation, re-demption, re-vival, and re-surrection, and Kolbell eloquently explores one "re" word in every chapter, each pointing to a well-recognized biblical theme that speaks in its own way to how, when our spirits are weary, God gives us a second chance to deepen our lives of faith. Drawing from a wealth of biblical and contemporary illustrations, Kolbell offers comforting guidance to all spiritual seekers who yearn to find their way back to the sufficiency of God's love and gain the wisdom to know how to respond in return. This volume includes questions for discussion or reflection.
Keith Turner3 Stars Out Of 5June 14, 2010Keith TurnerThe reason I rated this book 3.5 out of 5 is that it was half good/half bad. The author was doing really well until he advocated that Jesus was not the only Way to God.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Reconciliation/Forgiveness
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture